We are lovers of good food and believe the joy of riding is best complimented with hearty dishes of gorgeous local produce. Good for the soul and perfect for recovery.
Altea, Costa Blanca
Cycling breaks from Hotel Tossal d’Altea include a buffet breakfast. For those who select half board you will dine in the Almassera de Guillem restaurant each evening and taste authentic Spanish food. For a menu see https://www.hoteltossalaltea.com/en/restaurant/ Altea old town is a short walk away and boasts a fantastic selection of restaurants including traditional Spanish, Italian, Thai, Indian, Dutch, English and more. There really is something for everyone on the bed and breakfast package. We would recommend booking in one night at the hotel restaurant too.
Cycling trips from Hotel Cap Negret include a buffet breakfast and an evening meal at the hotel restaurant. To get an idea of what’s on offer https://en.hotelcapnegret.es/restaurants/
Jalon, Costa Blanca
Self-catering breaks in Jalon provide an opportunity to shop local at the town’s bakeries, fish shop, butchers, vegetable shop and organic produce shop. There is also a well stocked supermarket and some great restaurants and bars for all your nutrition needs.
Holidays here include breakfast and 2 course evening meals. Our in-house team will freshly prepare meals and can adapt the menu to suit your personal dietary requirements. Ride nutrition is available on some trips to purchase at the base with an honesty box.
Food options can include but are not limited to:
- Coffee, selection of teas & orange juice
- Muesli, cereals, yogurt, fresh & dried fruit, nuts & seeds
- Fresh bread, croissants, jams, honey, butter & olive oil.
- Warm options of porridge &/or boiled, poached, fried or scrambled eggs
- Home-made cakes & tray bakes
- Rice cakes, nuts, seeds, dried & fresh fruit
- Crisps, biscuits & other treats
2 course evening meals are all freshly home-made.
Mains for meat eaters:
- Chunky beef chilli with rice &/or jacket potatoes with seasonal salad
- Spaghetti Bolognese with parmesan & garlic bread
- Beef burger with sweet potato wedges & seasonal salad.
- Wild mushroom & prosciutto penne
- Pan fried Salmon with vegetable stir fry & rice
- Thai chicken & seasonal vegetable curry with rice
- Meatballs & spaghetti with parmesan & garlic bread
- Local sausages with lentil & vegetable bake
- Chicken & seasonal vegetable fajitas with sides of rice, potato wedges, salsa, guacamole, garlic mayo, salad etc
- Tuna steak with roast seasonal vegetables & jacket sweet potatoes
- Chicken & mushroom risotto
- Mixed bean chilli with rice &/or jacket potatoes with seasonal salad
- Home-made bean or chickpea burger with sweet potato wedges & seasonal salad.
- Vegetable & lentil Lasagna & garlic bread
- Leek, mushroom & butter bean pie with potato wedges & veggies
- Mixed bean burritos & seasonal salad
- Wild mushroom & aubergine penne
- Vegetable & butter bean stir fry with rice
- Moroccan tagine with fresh crusty bread
- Thai vegetable curry with rice
- Butter bean & mushroom “meatballs” with spaghetti & garlic bread
- Lentil & vegetable bake
- Seasonal vegetable & mixed bean fajitas with sides of rice, potato wedges, salsa, guacamole, garlic mayo, salad etc
- Butternut squash & lentil stew with fresh crusty bread
- Mushroom risotto
- Broccoli & red pepper pesto pasta
- Seasonal fruit cheesecake
- Blackberry & pistacio frangipane tart
- Lemon drizzle cake
- Seasonal fruit crumble
- Chocolate brownie
- Strawberries & dark chocolate
- Bakewell tart
- Flan nature
- Apple tart tatin
- Waffles with choices of Nutella, honey & jams
- Crepes with choices of Nutella, honey & jams
All served with cream or ice cream
- Coffee, selection of teas & water
- Brioche, croissants & rice cakes
- Nuts, seeds, dried & fresh fruit